Thursday, October 27, 2005

Injury Update

I guess it had to happen. Yes, I got injured. Not while breaking two boards with my hands or breaking them with my feet. Not even while trying to knock my Instructor's head off while sparring in Tae Kwon Do. No, I got injured while playing a kids game, FRISBEE! Now we play it a little different, Ultimate Frisbee. I lunged to intercept the frisbee from someone and all 175 pounds,( okay 215 pounds) came crashing down on my ankle. I walked it off and played some more (probably a very bad thing to do). I even got an assist on a goal. Oh well, that was 2 weeks ago today and I am still hobbling around. I finally decided to visit the doctor yesterday. You know one thing about doctors is that they don't believe you when you tell them something is hurting. No, they have to poke and twist your ankle in all different ways to REALLY make sure you are telling them the truth. I think doctors really enjoy giving out pain. Anyways she tells me that I have a serious sprained tendon and that I need therapy. Man, she really is smart if she knows I need therapy!!! I have been needing therapy for about 15 years. So I have been placed on the Injury Reserve squad for the SWU Frisbee league. Oh well, I guess my old body will heal in a few months. The worst thing about this is that I was supposed to test for my half black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I was on pace for a Black Belt Test in June. I guess that is now OFF!

No comments: