Saturday, December 17, 2005

What a week

What a week this has been. First the movie "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, The Wardrobe" came out last Friday. I wasn't able to watch it until Monday night but it was worth it. I went Sunday afternoon to the theater but it was sold out.
Sunday morning was Bethany's (my daughter) first christmas program. It was cute. But the story of the week is the "Ice Storm".
We had a nasty Ice storm hit us on Wednesday night. We lost power Thursday morning around 8:00 am. We live near a university and if I lose power they usually lose power which means I get my power back on quickly. Well not this time!! The powerline was damaged between us and the university. According to the power company it will be Tuesday before we have power. Ouch !!! Nice and cold. This morning I put about 2 inches of cold water in the bath tub and setup my turkey frier. I filled it full of water and boiled it and then brought the water into the tub so I had a warm bath. It wasn't to bad. Currently it is about 50 degrees in the house. Thankfully my mother-in-law has power so I took the baby to her house so she can at least be warm. I guess we will be finding some place to live for the next couple of days. Oh well. I am not the only person in this boat so I guess we will all suffer together.

1 comment:

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks for posting, and greetings from Southern California. You have given me a perspective that I hadn't gotten from the news. Also you, and another SWU person, have shown how important blogging is!

Get warm.