Sunday, February 27, 2005

Back to Blogging

Well, it has been a while since I posted to the blog. A lot has happened since the last post. We had a great trip to Canada. My parents flew in from the Ukraine to be home for my grandfather's funeral. All of my aunts and uncles also were there. Most of them I hadn't seen in probably 15-20 years, so it was good to see them. We didn't have a "funeral". My grandfather was cremated and so we had a visitation at the funeral home. I was asked on behalf of the grandchildren to say a few words. I got a lot of stories from the others that were there and talked about all the good memories we had. I think I did a good job. My grandmother gave me all my grandfather's World War II medals. I think that was pretty cool. I am going to get a few more military things from her and get them framed. A buddy of mine does framing so we will work on it together.

I took a Tae Kwon Do test last week. I am now a 2nd Gup (red belt with a black stripe). I did ok on my test. I was very nervous since I hadn't tested in a while. I had to do a combination multiple break. That means a I had to break multiple boards and combine two breaks. I broke two boards with and elbow strike and then immediately did a step side kick and broke 3 boards. I had never done that before so I thought it was pretty cool. If I stay injury free and continue to work I will test for my Black Belt sometime in the fall of 2005.

My daughter is growing up very fast. It seems like she will be walking any day now. She discovered the piano the other day so now she will walk over to the piano and play the keys. I guess it was only a matter of time since her mother plays. I will include the picture below this post.

This week is spring break at the school which means I get to do upgrades on one of the servers since the students are gone. It is going to be a very busy week (then again they all are busy).I'll try not to wait so long between posts next time.

No comments: